RANGE SAFETY STANDARDS
• Guns are not to be loaded except when on the firing line.
• Handle all firearms as if they were loaded.
• Be muzzle conscious at all times.
• Do not point a firearm at anything you do not wish to harm.
• Never shoot while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
• Wear eye and ear protection on and off the firing line. Gunshot noise
will damage your hearing and your eyes are fragile. Protect them.
• Be aware ot the "impact area" and what is behind your target.
• Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
• Be a good sportsman at all times.
Remember, gun safety is your responsibility!!
The ISI Shootists ranges are COLD RANGES. Guns are not to be handled except in a designated area or at the Range Officer's direction at the beginning of shooting a course of fire. Guns must be, at all times, unloaded, must have their magazine removed (revolvers must have all cylinders empty), and must be holstered or bagged. Magazines and speed loaders may be loaded but may not be inserted into the firearm except under the direction of a match official.
Competitors are not to handle their firearms unless they are on the firing line and instructed to do so by a match official. Casual handling of firearms behind the firing line is prohibited.